Top 10 Finger Foods for Baby Led Feeding
Inspired to give baby led weaning a go, but not sure where to start? Here's a list of the top 10 finger foods that we introduced (in order) when starting baby led weaning with our baby quadruplets.
One of the best things about baby led weaning, is that by waiting until your baby is 6 months to start solid foods, they are more developmentally equipped to deal with a variety of textures and particular nutrient components that are tougher for younger babies. This means there is no prescribed order of foods you have to introduce in sequence.
Basically, there’s really no wrong way to introduce foods, but here are my 10 favorite starter finger foods to give you a little inspiration to get started in your kitchen.
- Avocado (ripe, peeled and slivered)
- Sweet potato (baked or roasted and peeled)
- Banana (ripe, soft)
- Cantaloupe (ripe, soft)
- Cauliflower (soft/roasted/baked)
- Cucumber strips (cold stripes are great for teething)
- Brown rice cakes (look for no added salt variety)
- Mini meat loaves (bake in muffin tin for individual servings)
- Whole wheat pasta (penne and fusili work best)
- Chicken legs (bake or roast, serve skinless)
Check out this video of our quadruplets' enjoying their 10 favorite baby led weaning finger foods.