Muffin Tin Mushroom Meatloaf Recipe
With baby quadruplets at home, I'm always looking for dinner ideas my husband and older daughter love but that our babies can enjoy with us as well. Enter my current suppertime savior: mini meatloaves.
We don’t eat a ton of meat in our house, but meat is a great source of iron, an important mineral that babies need for brain development.
I love this meatloaf recipe because it also incorporates mushrooms, and you can make them in muffin tins so they’re already automatically portioned and super easy for your baby to handle.
The ingredient list is super simple and combines a healthy serving of vegetables balanced with the protein and iron in meat. I have to admit I sometimes find it hard to incorporate mushrooms into our quadruplets' diets so I love that this recipe gets it done.
If you want to cut to the chase see the mini mushroom meatloaves in action, check out our video featuring this suppertime savior recipe:
- 1 medium onion
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 16 oz ground beef
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup ketchup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine onion & mushrooms in food processor
- On the stove, add oil to pan and sautee onion and mushroom mix for 5 minutes
- Add garlic, cook for 2 more minutes, add sherry
- Remove from heat, add thyme
- In mixer or bowl combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, black pepper, egg and mushroom/onion mixture
- Spoon meatloaf mixture into muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F
- Optional: brush tops of meatloaves with ketchup